Production Manager - USA - Philadelphia
A bit about the role
Responsible for overseeing the entire production process.
This involves running, scheduling and delivering projects as per the agreed delivery schedule and requirements. This will include accurate monitoring and profit reporting of expenditure on a regular basis to ensure all projects remain within budget, supporting the production team so they work efficiently, and ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to with all relevant risk assessments carried out.
To aid day-to-day production, scheduling the production team and managing the budgets accurately.
The Production Manager will work with the Head of Production to assign work to the team and will bring in additional resources (from either The Moment team or freelance pool) when required.
What you will be doing
- Resourcing projects: Maintaining the production schedule – ensuring dedicated team are best utilised and booking additional resource as required (either The Moment staff or freelance) of whom one must have a great understanding of each individual’s skills and capabilities, keeping updated as to who is best placed to allocate to the relevant project
- Ensuring we remain competitive & consistent for new tenders & client specific rate cards for both long and short form.
- Using in-house systems to budget, monitor costs and report profitability.
- Management of working budgets increasing profitability with all external purchases.
- Cost Monitoring (income/forecasts/actuals/purchase orders/ invoices/credit cards/staff recovery).
- Keeping all Profit Reports up to date and updating external spend on a daily basis.
- Cost reporting with accounts to achieve better understanding of which projects work better financially to increase profitability.
- Adjusting GP.
Other duties include
- Bookings – Crew, equipment, travel and accommodation.
- Implement any process or service improvements that are necessary to ensure delivery to client requirements and meet contractual obligations
- Implementing a system of resourcing projects making sure each project has an SRO, Risk Assessment, budget and relevant level of staffing.
- Freelance database – keeping it up to date (producers/directors/camera operators/editors/ all creative crew).
- Improving overall margins by cost cutting, negotiating rates with crew, edits, post-production, hotels, travel & all aspects of production.
- Support – Production support where required, for example, attending large film shoots.
- Preparation of production schedules - to ensure sufficient time has been allocated for filming, post and staffing.
- Location filming – resourcing all the necessary logistics, release forms, Health & Safety risk assessments, insurance, carnets, visas, accommodation and transport.
- Post–production - making sure edits are booked as per working budgets. Supporting the Producers to ensure media is booked in to be digitised prior to editing, helping the Senior Producers to make sure producers fill out time sheets to avoid billing disputes and negotiating where necessary lower rates for lower margin jobs. Music and archive clearance, encoding, transcripts.
- Point of contact for clients when Producers / Account Managers are unavailable.
- Project Managing – knowledge of project status/timeline in production as per the pipeline. Having a good all round knowledge of each live project from concept to delivery.
- Attend client meetings/briefings where required.
- Understanding of client’s KPIs and processes.
- Travel between different sites and locations required.
What we are looking for
- Content Video Production.
- Management of teams of all sizes and individuals in a fast paced production environment.
- Working with small to large budgets.
- Shortform content, Corporate and Client facing experience.
- Working across multiple projects and teams simultaneously.
- Preparation of presentation documents.
- Development to Delivery process.
- Current and Market rates.
- Digital Content Production
- Good technical knowledge of filming and post production equipment.
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Resourcefulness and advanced analytical skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple productions in the UK and internationally.
- Managing individuals, teams, crew, camera equipment, rights and deliverables, multiple schedules and budgets simultaneously.
- Ability to translate creative briefs into workable, affordable and manageable budgets.
- Proactive with the ability to apply Initiative to work.
- Attention to detail.
- Diplomacy & sensitivity.
- Warm, open and friendly.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Fair and supportive.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with team members at all levels and build strong client relations.
- Enthusiasm and dedication to get involved in all aspects of production.
- Ability to travel between sites and to different locations.
Apply for this position >