Self-Shooting Producer / Director (US) - Philadelphia
A bit about this role
To work as a self-sufficient production unit, supported by Production and Account Management to deliver creative content for branded clients.
What you will be doing
Act as the main point of contact for projects, creatively lead and manage all main production phases, through production, to post-production, delivery and relevant client liaison.
Responding to briefs & pre-production, duties to include:
- Liaising with client and development team to ensure brief is understood.
- Interpretation of briefs and writing up proposals and presenting to clients.
- Undertake or supervise all aspects of the project pre-production.
Production, duties to include:
- Maintain constant communication with client and all other key creative personnel, on and off set.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the client, along with the Account Manager.
- Direct and shoot projects, whilst ensuring content remains true to creative brief.
Post-production & delivery, duties to include:
- Liaise personally with all post-production personnel, keeping clear client communication throughout to ensure project is delivered to expectations.
- Ensure project is delivered on time, on budget and with the correct deliverables.
- Attend debrief meetings as required internally and with clients.
What we are looking for
- Experience working as a Self Shooting Producer / Director or similar relevant position.
- Varied self-shoot directing portfolio.
- Experience having responsibility for a varied portfolio of projects and productions.
- Experience acting as project lead to develop and / or produce content.
- Experience multi-skilling – producing, shooting and directing on screen talent.
- Extensive understanding of all the creative processes, including video production, directing, editing and digital delivery.
- Extensive working knowledge of shoot kit / edit equipment and how this can be used to best effect for your project.
- Creative script writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent creative script writing skills.
- Excellent scheduling and time management skills.
- Ability to spot, and deal with, potential problems before they materialise.
- Ability to act decisively and sensitively in challenging environments.
- Experience of overseas shoots.
- TV Production or similar relevant degree.
- Experience working with brands and agencies to deliver creative content.
- Experience delivering cross platform content projects.
- Experience supervising and / or managing a creative team of people.
- Use of edit software – AVID/Premier.
- Understanding of graphic design software and work flow – e.g. After Effects, Cinema 4D.
- Budget preparation and control for production.
The Creative Engagement Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
As an employer The Creative Engagement Group is committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff. Reasonable adjustments are available in all our offices to support health and wellbeing.Apply for this position >